We are committed to ensuring that ALL children have high aspirations and expectations of themselves, developing a life-long love of learning. We provide all of our children with the opportunity to cultivate their thinking skills; these skills are then developed so that they can apply them to the wider world context, ensuring purposeful and relevant outcomes. Teachers are facilitators and pupils are encouraged to work collaboratively, self-directing their own learning journey.
We are developing these opportunities with a range of approaches, where relevant, including Project Based Learning, Challenge Based Learning, Immersive environments, all encompassed within a creative curriculum.
We believe at Normanby-by-Spital primary that our Curriculum underpins all of our learning. It forms the basis of our journey to achieve our school mission as outlined below:
OUR SCHOOL MISSION
- To develop an inclusive, creative pedagogy, that promotes high standards across the curriculum
- To ensure that all children reach their potential, academically, socially, emotionally and spiritually
- A place where all learning is purposeful, relevant and challenging and reflects the changes in the 21st Century
- Where children become empowered and ambitious, developing a meaningful ownership of their own learning
- Where children become lifelong learners who are ready to apply skills in the wider world
- To ensure everyone feels valued in our school community